Thursday, October 7, 2010

Half Circle Fish Tank

wintering

must begin to prepare bees for the winter: check stock levels, make sure there is fresh and compact clutch, check that there are no signs of disease, squeeze as much as possible, so, armed with nebulizer loaded sugar solution to soften the bees and several layers of clothing to avoid bites, late Sunday morning I go to the apiary.
after the last experience, I preferred to visit during the middle of the day, so you have higher temperatures and most of the bees to work out. In fact, the movement Flight was frantic, fast, with bees that distant point. good sign!
so I decided to open the first hive. two, three streams of water and sugar with the nebulizer, but smoke always ready for any eventuality, and remove the diaphragm. The bees react well and I begin. first frame: stocks, according to inventories, third, stocks and a little 'brood. I never saw a nest with so many stocks of honey, perhaps too many, have filled so much to reduce the space available to the queen to lay. considered the time of year does not go so well, but the family seems to be well-stocked on 8 combs.
the second and third family, have a ratio of brood / stocks more balanced, however, also those with many stocks, not as in October last year when he was already a month that I was feeding.
the fourth and last family, however, did not let go, nervous and aggressive as the previous visit.
apiary to go to have fun, relax, to enjoy an hour in the company of my friends. I do not do business because it "forced". this situation, then, bother me, but replace the reigns today is impossible. I have to unfortunately live with this situation up in the spring!

0 comments:

Post a Comment